Friday, May 21, 2010

Black-eyed Susan Cocktail


Black-eyed Susans. They grew bountifully in my 3 season garden in Michigan. What an easy way to add warmth and comfort to a room when placed in an old canning jar or milk bottle and placed on the kitchen table.

Well, here's another Black-eyed Susan. The recipe is from Southern Living but of course, I tweaked it to accommodate what I had in the house. It was the perfect complement to last night's season finale of Grey's Anatomy.

  • 3/4 c. orange juice
  • 1/2 c. pineapple juice ( I used 1-1/4 c. orange, pineapple, apple juice)
  • 3 T. vodka
  • 3 T. light rum (I used spiced rum)
  • 2 T. orange liquor (I used Triple Sec)
Fill 2-12 oz. glasses with crushed ice (I used Sonic ice)
Pour each of the white liquors equally over ice
Add equal portions of juice and stir
Garnish with lime (I got some at Sonic when I bought the ice *Ü*)
You can also garnish with cherry, but not my fav.


No comments: