Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Bread Pudding



'Tis the season to enjoy pumpkin flavored goodies, so I had to try this recipe from my friend, Elizabeth.  Not only do I enjoy the flavors of pumpkin and bread pudding, I enjoy using my teacups and saucers for more than one purpose.  This pattern is "Leaf Berry" by Royal Stafford.

I halved the recipe and used an 8x8 pan.  The ingredient amounts I will list are for the 9x13 size.

First, I cubed the bread and set it aside in the prepared pan.  The original recipe calls for 1 loaf white bread. Chilling the bread in the fridge makes cubing easier  (or you could just rip it).


Because the following steps are not really photo ops that would enhance the appetite, I will dispense with the step out photos at this point.

In an extra large mixing bowl add each ingredient, blending as you go:

4 eggs, beaten
1 c. milk
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. can evaporated milk
30 oz. can pumpkin pie filling

Toss bread cubes in mixture and return to prepared 9x13 pan.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

The recipe is not overly sweet, even with the sweetened condensed milk.  For those with a die hard sweet tooth, you could drizzle some white chocolate sauce over the top and sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar.



No comments: