Friday, December 23, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies




When visiting with a friend earlier this week, I was reminded just how easy and how tasty cookies are when made from a cake mix!

So, I found my recipe and got to work. Throughout the year, I'll use chocolate or yellow as the base and then add either butterscotch or chocolate chips or both! For Christmas, I decided to create some other variations.

First ... Lemmon Crinkles ... just the base recipe (lemon cake mix) rolled into balls and after they are baked and cooled, dipped in powdered sugar.


Next was the spice cake mix ... after baking, dip a pecan half into an eggnog glaze and push into cookie. After they are cooled, drizzle them with the glaze.



For the Almond Joy ... add to the white cake mix base a tsp of pure almond extract. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and then dip in chocolate. Chocolate is on my grocery list.



With just a couple of days left, we'll see if there's time for other variations.
Merry Christmas!

Base recipe:
1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

Eggnog glaze:
Mix together eggnog (Weigels' is the best, esp. for desserts) and powdered sugar to desired consistency.