Sunday, August 16, 2009

Friends, Fellowship and Food


Yesterday was a wonderful day. The sun was shining, the house was clean and friends were gathered. And, when friends gather, food is present.

I was the hostess for a Southern Living at Home party. I planned my menu around tried and true recipes : Chicken Spaghetti and

Corn Salsa
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes

Mix together and add a splash of Italian Dressing.
Serve with a scoop-able chip.

Add to the menu Fresh Fruit and Rolls/Butter. I also tried a new recipe for Sangria.

Then, for dessert I found this super easy and oh, so delicious recipe from The Pioneer Woman (from whom my Chicken Spaghetti recipe originated):

Pots de Creme
12 oz. bag semi sweet chocolate chips
4 eggs - room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla or a flavored liquor
pinch of salt
8 oz. strong hot coffee

Place in a blender the choco chips, eggs, vanilla and salt. Blend for about 20 seconds. Remove the circular disk from the blender lid and very slowly pour in the coffee while still blending (make coffee is h-o-t). Replace disk and continue blending for 1 min. Pour into serving glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired when serving.

I used antique tea cups to serve this rich, creamy dessert in. Of course, I made extras that I poured into my virtually indestructible Longaberger dessert bowls for the guys.

When everyone had left, Christina and I went shoe shopping ...

It was a good day!


1 comment:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

It does sound like a fun day!! Had your great corn salsa last month playing cards with the Norris/Ruml/Allen group - quite tasty!!