(Shared by my friend, Jan)
1. Live with the “3 E’s”: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
2. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good. It’s definitely worth living to the fullest every day.
3. You’re on this earth to do things right and help others. Don’t worry what others are here for.
4. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. But that is a decision you can make.
5. Tape your late night shows if you want to, but get more sleep.
6. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
7. The best is yet to come, if we work hard to get it.
8. When you wake up, complete the following statement, “My purpose today is to ____”.
9. Take a 20 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
10. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
11. Laugh more out loud. It’s the ultimate anti-depressant.
12. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
13. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, tai chi, or prayer. This is daily fuel for our busy lives.
14. Play more games, and read more books, than you did last year.
15. Spend time with people over the age of 70, and under the age of 6.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a professional, and dinner like an unemployed worker.
17. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
18. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
19. Realize that life is a school, and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum.
20. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk… let new and flowing energy into your life.
21. Forgive everyone for everything. Start anew every time you do, free of past mortgages.
22. Take yourself only as seriously as others do. You will find it isn’t as much as you thought.
23. Don’t try to win every argument. Certainly, stop before making anyone upset. Agree to disagree.
24. Make peace with your past, so that it won’t spoil the present.
25. Don’t compare your life to others’. You really have no idea what their journey is all about.
26. Don’t gossip, dwell on past issues, on negative thoughts, or on things you cannot control.
27. Envy is a waste of time. We already have all we need.
28. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Hating only hurts the hater.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Family and friends will be there when you need them, if you are. Stay in touch. E-mail them to death!
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. When you go to bed complete the following statement: “Today I accomplished ____”.
33. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life, so make the most of it.