Saturday, March 21, 2009

Long Time ... No Write


Wow. 2 months.

Started a new job the end of January. Only working 60%, but, I guess I'm just adjusting to actually having time at both the beginning and the end of each day for my family and myself - thus, no new blog entries.

TV. I think I've watched more in the last 2 months than in the last 2 years.

Meals. Eating at home a lot. Even though I have an hour for lunch each day, I'm brown bagging it most days.

Sleep. Naps, too. I think I might have been a kitty in my previous life.

Music. I'm actually able to practice on my piano each day. Just 5 minutes here and there seems like a luxury.

Friends. I've had out of town guests a couple of times. It is so good to have what seems to be my 'past life' connected to my 'current life'. Seeing them infuses me with an energy that we all get from socialization and pulls from within me a part of who am I that hasn't surfaced much since the move. They already know you - the good, the bad, the ugly. You don't have to put yourself out there to be discovered.

Most of all, family. Since this is my daughter's last semester in college, I'm really taking in all I can through her these last months. Going back and forth to Nashville fills many weekends. My son is able to come over in the later evenings and I can stay up to enjoy visiting with him. He's really excelling with learning classical guitar on his own and I really enjoy hearing his progress.

Fortunately/Unfortunately it's been the slow season for hubby's business. Unfortunately, work is not consistent and that drives everyone batty. Fortunately, since I'm home more, I get to enjoy spending time with him that I normally wouldn't be able to.

I also get to talk with and see my brother more often. That's really special to me.

There's also been challenges and heartaches. But then, it's all a part of living. And having your health along with friends and family to lean on makes one's life full and blessed.

1 comment:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

Glad to see your update - I have slowed down in blogging too. Sent you a "friend request" on facebook - another thing to keep us busy ;-) Seems like life is going by 90 miles an hour - and I really want to just enjoy some of it! And you are right - we are truly blessed! Hugs to you and Marlon!